What Is Good Indoor Air Quality?
January 6th, 2022 by cverdone
It is important that you have good air quality in your home. Poor air quality can lead to breathing issues, allergies, and more. Many people don’t realize that the air in their homes can become polluted. These pollutants include particles, allergens, and even viruses. The good news? There are many things that you can do to achieve good air quality.
Achieving Good Air Quality
Achieving good air quality may seem like a daunting task. But, there are things that you can do to ensure that your air quality is perfect. You should ask yourself the following questions to determine if the air quality in your home is good.
- Do you allow smoking inside of your home?
- Do you smell mildew or see mold?
- Do you have high humidity levels in your home?
- Are there any leaks or standing water anywhere in your home?
- Are all your fuel-burning appliances vented?
- Do you do regular radon testing?
- Do you use pesticides in your home?
- Do you use air fresheners in your home?
- Do you store paint or other chemicals in your home?
- Do you use chemical cleaners?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, chances are that the air quality in your home is not good. You will want to take steps to improve the quality of the air in your home, and it all starts with your HVAC system.
Your HVAC System’s Role in Good Indoor Air Quality
To make sure your indoor air quality is good, you want to have a good HVAC system that is in excellent shape. Your HVAC system will help to provide you with clean indoor air as long as you maintain the system well. Your HVAC system will have an air filter. You will need to change monthly. If you have a lot of people or pets in your home, or are prone to allergies, you want to change your filter out more often.
Besides making sure your air filter is in good shape, make sure your ductwork is in working order. If your ductwork has holes or tears in it, this will let particles get into your air. This ruins your indoor air quality. Have your ductwork inspected by an HVAC professional every so often.
Other Ways to Make Sure Clean Indoor Air
There are other things that you should do to promote clean indoor air. These include:
- Never allow smoking inside your home.
- Fixing all leaks.
- Using a dehumidifier if you have high humidity.
- Do not burn candles or wood in your home.
- Avoid using air fresheners as they are laden with chemicals and create poor air quality in your home.
- Getting rid of the trash as soon as possible.
- Ditching the chemical cleaners.
- Not storing chemicals in your home.
CALL US TODAY
Adjust your habits and keep your HVAC system clean. If you do this, you will improve indoor air quality. If you want to learn more about your air quality, please call Thornton Heating Services, Inc. today. Our team of HVAC professionals are here to make sure that you have the cleanest air possible.