The air in your home may
be making you sick.
Duct Cleaning | Ductwork
Why it’s Important to Clean Your Ducts
Most people are now aware that indoor air pollution is an issue of growing concern and increased visibility. If not properly installed, maintained, and operated, these components may become contaminated with particles of dust, pollen or other debris. If moisture is present, the potential for microbiological growth (e.g., mold) is increased and spores from such growth may be released into the home’s living space.
Some of these contaminants may cause allergic reactions or other symptoms in people if they are exposed to them. Affordable Duct Cleaning in Chicago and Libertyville
You may consider having your air ducts cleaned simply because it seems logical that air ducts will get dirty over time and should be occasionally cleaned.
Reasons For Duct Cleaning:
- Never cleaning your ductwork is like changing your oil filter without changing your oil. I’m sure you change your furnace filter often – what about everything leading to the furnace filter?
- Mold needs three things to survive: Moisture, Nutrients (such as dirt, dust, animal dander, cellulose construction debris from building), and a Surface to grow on. Your ductwork can become an unknown breeding ground for fungi, germs, and mold
- Studies have confirmed that contaminated air ducts spread disease, including salmonella, strep, and legionnaires disease.
- The Environmental Protection Agency claims that indoor air has been found up to 70 times more polluted than outdoor air. We spend 60% to 90% of our time indoors.
- Better Health Magazine states “1 out of 6 people who suffer from allergies do so as a direct result of the fungi and bacteria in the air duct systems.”
- Research by the EPA has demonstrated that HVAC system cleaning may allow systems to run more efficiently by removing debris from sensitive mechanical components. Clean systems generally operate more efficiently than dirty systems.
How Do I Know If I should Schedule Duct Cleaning :
- If you don’t remember ever having your ductwork cleaned or if you haven’t within the past 5 years, it’s probably time.
- Are people in the house suffering from allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Do you experience nausea, headaches, itchy eyes, etc. while at home?
- Does your home have pets and/or excessive dust on furniture and horizontal surfaces?