Thornton knows what you
need to stay comfortable.
Heating, HVAC, Furnace Repair and Installation in Chicago, Chicagoland, & Libertyville
Warm Your Home with the Best Products and Expert Heating Service
It may be bone-chilling cold outside, but we’ll help you keep your home toasty warm and comfy throughout the winter months with our heating services. Our certified technicians provide expert installation and maintenance services, plus our energy-efficient line-up of products ensures monthly savings on your energy bills.
Furnace Repair & Heating Service Areas:
NEW INSTALLATION & REPAIR
Save money and conserve energy with the latest heating technology. Let our heating experts design a high-efficiency heating system for you.
Avoid problems and keep your system running smoothly and efficiently all year round. Plus, you’ll get the most out of your investment with the Guardian program.
We’re here to help at anytime. But sometimes an issue might be a small thing or a setting. Before calling for emergency service, click here to read some quick tips to check.
Quick tips to check before you call
My Furnace Isn't Working
Check the settings on your thermostat. Make sure:
- The temperature control selector is set above the current room temperature
- The system switch is on the HEAT or AUTO position
- The fan switch is set to ON for continuous airflow, or AUTO if you want the blower to operate only while the furnace is operating
- Try to get the furnace to turn on by raising the thermostat to its highest temperature setting.
- If the air flow out of your registers seems low, check the air filter. An extremely dirty air filter can block air flow.
- Make sure all the registers are open and not obstructed.
- Check the power disconnect switch by the furnace.
- Check the fuse or breaker at the electrical panel for the furnace.
- Check to make sure the gas control valve to the furnace is open.
- Check the pilot light. (Electronic ignitions will not have a pilot light.)